PMI Poland Chapter
PMI PC service and Internet cookies
Why are cookies necessary?
Thanks to this technology, we are also able to constantly work on improving the quality of our Service. If you disable cookies in your browser, we cannot guarantee that the Website will work flawlessly.
What are cookies?
Cookies (so-called “cookies”) are IT data, in particular text files, which usually contain the name of the website they come from, the time they are stored on the end device and a unique number. They are stored on the Service User’s terminal device and allow the Service to read the information contained in them.
Types of cookies that are used on the PMI PC website
None of the cookies used by the PMI PC website, do not contain personal information and can not, thanks to them, identify a particular User.
The length of time a cookie remains in the memory of an end device (e.g. computer, phone, tablet) depends on its type:
- session cookies (sessioncookies) – temporary files that exist only while you are accessing our Website (more precisely, until you close your browser),
- permanent files (persistentcookies) – permanent files that remain on your device after visiting the Service for a specified period of time.
The following types of cookies are used within the Service:
- “necessary” cookies, making it possible to use the services available within the Service, e.g. authentication cookies used for services requiring authentication within the Service;
- cookies used to ensure security, e.g. used to detect abuse of authentication within the Service;
- “performance” cookies, enabling the collection of information on how the Website’s pages are used;
- “functional” cookies, making it possible to “remember” the User’s selected settings and personalize the User’s interface, e.g. with regard to the selected language or region of origin of the User, font size, web page layout, etc;
- “advertising” cookies, making it possible to provide Users with advertising content more tailored to their interests.